Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Do you have multiple sets of multiples?   » two sets of twins (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: two sets of twins
momoftwinstwice
Member # 1282

Rate Member

posted August 28, 2004 01:09 AM      Profile for momoftwinstwice   Email momoftwinstwice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have 2 sets of fraternal girls, all conceived naturally. They are 10 1/2 months apart. The younger set was an "oops" and were due on their sisters birthday but came 6 weeks early. They are all 6 years old now, with the older set turning 7 in October. They are all in first grade and doing wonderfully. My doctor told me the chances of having two sets of twins was 1 in 8,100 (of women who has one set already) I thought the odds were much higher, so I was amazed. Would love to have a set of boys now, but am thinking maybe we should not go for it. Best of luck to all of you!
Posts: 1 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Suzie
Member # 1269

Rate Member

posted August 28, 2004 11:58 AM      Profile for Suzie   Email Suzie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My grandmother had two sets of twins (my mother being one of them) and her sister (my great aunt) had three sets. No one had twins since until...surprise! I had twins in May 04. They are two perfect little fraternal boys. People in the store stop and go "oh no, double trouble" and my reply is always the same "no way, they are a double blessing!". Congrats to all the multiple parents out there!
Posts: 4 | From: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dadof2Sets
Member # 1402

Rate Member

posted October 25, 2004 11:52 AM      Profile for Dadof2Sets   Email Dadof2Sets   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am the father of two sets of twins 14 months apart, older are girls and younger are boys. I am posting this hoping to get ideas of ways I can help my wife, I really think the kids are driving her over the edge and I need to find ways to make things easier for her and help her get her happiness back. She is all work and no play and trying to keep the house perfect is driving her crazy(literally). Any suggestions on things I can do to help her out the most would be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 1 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
HoustonGranny
Member # 1534

posted January 07, 2005 11:25 AM      Profile for HoustonGranny   Email HoustonGranny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My daughter-in-law just found out she is having twins -- again!! They have a set of 16 mo. old boys! I had no idea how prevelant multiple multiples are! We are thrilled, but is there some place you can get assistance? She's going to need all the help she can get until these little guys are more able to help themselves. I'm glad I found this site -- just reading over what you guys have to say helps put this in better perspective -- in other words, it CAN be done!!

--------------------

HoustonGranny

Posts: 1 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michael B.
Member # 1549

Rate Member

posted January 13, 2005 01:26 AM      Profile for Michael B.   Email Michael B.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by emmamcknight:
Hi everyone im emma and im 24 im originally from ireland but married a guy from georgia whose in rangers and is away for long periods of time....i have one set of 3 month old boys identical and have just found out im due a second set in dec my boys wont even be a yr im a little....ok very afraid that i wont cope on my own for long periods esp as my family are in ireland..its great reading how u all cope and i take my hat of to u all i love babies but the thought of four under one yr old frightens the life outta me!!!!!!!! wud love to hear from anyone in similar sitiation or any help or tips on coping will be v much appreciated!!!!!

Hi Emma,

Not sure if you will ever read this because you are probably too busy changing diapers all of the time. I hope your
pregnancy went well and the babies arrived safely. Did you have identical twins again, and what was the sex? I hope
they are healthy as are you. My wife and I have identical twin girls that are 2 1/2 years old and identical twin boys that are 5 months old.
Quite a wild time. My mother in law is a huge help for us. She lives only 25 minutes away and stays with us during the week to help with the kids.

Did you find any help and/or has your husband with you on a more full time basis? I hope you are managing well.
You mentioned that you live in Georgia, as do we. We live in Marietta, 15 miles north of Atlanta. What part of the
state do you live in?

Feel free to email us with any questions you may have. If you live in the general area, we should get the kids together
to play.

Good luck and God Bless,

Mike & Susan Boland

Posts: 5 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brandanne61
Member # 1552

Rate Member

posted January 14, 2005 08:32 PM      Profile for Brandanne61   Email Brandanne61   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the chances of having another set of twins (either identical or fraternal) after having identical twins? I miscarried identical twins and I'm wondering what my chances are of having any more.
Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TWINZX2
Member # 1570

posted January 21, 2005 11:52 PM      Profile for TWINZX2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi! I have two sets of spontaneous twins. The odds of that occuring are:
If both sets are fraternal, the odds are 1 in 3,000
If one set is identical and one fraternal (which is what I have) the odds are 1 in 10,000
If both sets are identical, the odds are 1 in 70,000.

I am writing a book about twins and this came up in my research!
Stay Well!!!

Twin-mum
Member # 1573

Rate Member

posted January 23, 2005 07:15 PM      Profile for Twin-mum   Email Twin-mum   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am a 22 years old mum of two years old boy/girl twins. My husband and I are planning on getting pregnant in a few months. I was also wondering what was the likelyhood of a second set? Am I crazy to want a second set?? I'm dreading another multiple pregnancy but I dream of having two more! Can someone bring me back to earth! Thanks , Cathy - mom of Ethen & Ella 2 years old.
Posts: 1 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3