Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Parents of Teenage and Adult Twins   » teenage daugther and abusive boyfriend

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: teenage daugther and abusive boyfriend
Junior Member
Member # 1270

Rate Member

posted August 24, 2004 06:29 PM      Profile for nate   Email nate   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wodering if anyone has had a daughter envovled with a abusive guy? And how do I stop her from seeing him? She goes crazy when we try to stop her from seeing him.She'll be 18 christmas.
I want to shoot him, but I have a 8 and 10 year old that need me.
Help Nate nathan_rector@hotmail.com

Posts: 1 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Junior Member
Member # 1269

Rate Member

posted September 01, 2004 09:38 PM      Profile for Suzie   Email Suzie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the guy is more than two years older than her, you can turn him in for child abuse to your local child protective services. As her legal guardian, you can file a police report and a warrant in the event she has marks on her. A police report and pictures are also excellent to show a judge if you file a PFA or CHINS. (see below).

You can file a PFA-protection from abuse-at your local court to make a restraining order against him and possible jail. If your daughter will not follow a restraining order I recommend filing a CHINS petition on your daughter as well. (Child In Need of Supervision) which will court order your daughter to safety. You will need to do this in the county you live in at your local family court. You must do this before she is 18.

Please contact your local YWCA or domestic relations department with your local police for more NONVIOLENT intervention. Open up the phone book and look up domestic violence. You can call a shelter and ask to speak to a social worker about the situation that can help. Do something now before the situation gets worse if you can.

Your daughter needs you right now even if her behavior shows otherwise.

Good luck.

Posts: 4 | From: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Junior Member
Member # 1592

Rate Member

posted January 30, 2005 02:09 AM      Profile for ofas_touch        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also have a daughter who is going though the same thing. She is 19 and is having a baby with this so called man, I have tryed everything I know of to keep her away from him. She lives with her dad who was also abusive to me,(she feels sorry for him cause he is alone since our divorce). My heart goes out to you hun, its so hard to protect our children when they reach a certain age there is nothing we can do but to sit back and pray that they live to see another day. I have gotten so fed up with her taking him back that I have talked to DHS and when the baby is born she could be as much to blame if he hurts the child like he does her, she knows how he is and allows him in her life. So she is as much reponsable as he is for allowing him in her life. I mean everyday its "mom I hate him and I never want to see him again !" Never happens. All I can do is be there for her when she needs a soft place to land. I do know she will be having big problems after her child is born, now he will be a part of her life forever.....

Posts: 1 | From: Ia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM