Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Parents of Newborns and Toddlers   » Want to chat!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to chat!
navywife
Member # 1333

Rate Member

posted September 22, 2004 02:48 PM      Profile for navywife   Email navywife   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi I am a mother of twin B/G. It is tough because they are only three months. Any advise how to feed them both at the same time. I hate listening to them cry:when they are waiting. It is ok sometimes. I feel I do not have time for anything.Sometimes I feel I do not give them enough one on one attention. My DH is on a submarne so he is gone often. It is just me and the kids .Oh yah My boxer too.She used to be the only kid .Now she is left out. Gotta run fussy baby. I will post again soon. I would love to chat with somone who understands. kelly AKA navywife
Posts: 2 | From: seattle washigton | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heidi I
Member # 1264

Rate Member

posted September 27, 2004 01:33 PM      Profile for Heidi I     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly!
I can totally relate with you. My twins are almost 3 now but it was quite a challange in the begining. I never got the hang of feeding them both at the same time. I would feed 1 and then the other. It took so long each feeding. But it did get easier. My husband manages an auto part store and is gone alot. So it is just me and the 4 kids. I worry about not getting any 1 on 1 time with the girls. We waited 9 years between our first and second children so that 1 on 1 time wouldn't be an issue. Little did we know there would be twins when our son was less then 2 1/2. LOL If you have either yahoo/msn/aol instant messanger, let me know. I'd love to chat with you sometime. Hang in there honey, it will get easier! Take care! Heidi

--------------------

Heidi

Posts: 8 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
emmamcknight
Member # 1098

Rate Member

posted September 30, 2004 07:15 AM      Profile for emmamcknight   Email emmamcknight   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi kelly, i hope this finds u well lol!!

I can relate to how u feel my husband is in us rangers and is away an awful lot i am currently 6 months with my second set of twins my other identical twin boys will not be 1 yr old till jan so its tough going. In terms of feeding them i find it a great help to prop both up on a pillow and kneel beside bed and feed them both at same time..that is if they are up at same time, i have managed to devise a routine where i have an hour break normally between them but that was when they were v young. im hoping the nest set will be as easy coped with lol...i hope i hae helped post back and we can chat anytime!!

Posts: 7 | From: georgia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mrssanders9
Member # 919

Rate Member

posted October 01, 2004 01:27 AM      Profile for mrssanders9   Email mrssanders9   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi kelly,
I understand. My twins b/g 4 months were hard to feed at the same time so i put them in the car seat and sit on the floor and feed them that way. My husband is working very odd hours so it's just my 2 yr. old and the twins.
Good luck!
Sanders

Posts: 2 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
atlmegan
Member # 1368

Rate Member

posted October 05, 2004 10:53 PM      Profile for atlmegan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi there my b/g twins are 6 1/2 months now and it is interesting when they want to eat at the same time. I usually alternate holding one and letting the other sit in the bouncy seat, that way I get to hold each of them during at least 2 feedings. My husband is a Marine and should leave in January so I'll get to do this all alone soon.
Posts: 1 | From: Atlanta, Ga | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tee
Member # 1387

posted October 13, 2004 03:16 PM      Profile for Tee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi!I'm a mother of 7 month old twin girls. It wasn't easy at first,but it gets easier.I used to prop their bottles up on a blanket while they ate sitting in their car seats.Whenever I can I would try to hold them one by one while feeding them. The main thing is to get them on a schedule. When one is up and it doesn't look like their going to sleep,wake up the other one. My girls are now on a tight schedule.They nap at the same time, eat at the same time.They're usually sleep by 8:30 every night.
Posts: 1 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Myca
Member # 1398

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2004 12:40 AM      Profile for Myca   Email Myca   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly,
I totaly understand where you are coming from. I am the mother of 3 yr old triplet boys. It does get easier as they get older. When they were still on breast milk I would place two of them in their car seats wrapped in warm blankets and prop a bottle up for each of them. I would then hold one and feed him. I alternated every feeding. The warm blankets would calm them and immitate my body heat. Hold in there you will come out with your sanity!
If you need to talk msg me
I will get back asap.
Myca MycaMorgan@hotmail.com

--------------------

Myca

Posts: 4 | From: North Bay | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
doubletrouble
Member # 1400

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2004 09:35 PM      Profile for doubletrouble   Email doubletrouble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello there! I remember those days! My guys are now 15 months! It DOES get better!

For the feeding both at the same time? This worked for me. I used boppies! I would cradle one guy in my arm, wrap that same arm that was holding him around and hold the bottle at the same time (all in one arm) and with the other one, I would prop up a boppy and them lay him in there and then feed him with my other hand. I got to the point where I could feed one, burp the other at the same time! Hope that is clear enough and that it or some other idea helps you.

I recall when the guys were really little that it seemed like... why did God give me something I cannot handle... now I think... God, how did I get so lucky?

KStwinsmom
Member # 1431

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2004 01:09 AM      Profile for KStwinsmom   Email KStwinsmom   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hang in there. It does get better once they can hold their own bottle. We did the formula thing, because I couldn't produce enough for the two girls. I would sit on the floor with them in their car seats.
Karen R
Member # 1439

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2004 10:34 PM      Profile for Karen R   Email Karen R   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can also totally understand about the feeding situation. I have identical girls that are now 19 mo. old. I am still nursing them about 3 times a day. But in the beginning, of course, I was nursing all the time. I did supplement some formula because of low milk supply. I never could master the art of breastfeeding both at the same time. So it was always like an assembly line -- hurrying to finish one and then grab the other. When feeding with bottles, we would sometimes sit them in their carseats and feed both. My husband was always good at being able to hold both, one in each arm, and wrap his arms around them and hold the bottles that way. I would love to chat anytime. I am still struggling, but it definitely is easier than when they were infants. Hang in there, and pray alot!!

--------------------

Karen

@homemommy
Member # 1442

Rate Member

posted November 11, 2004 09:46 AM      Profile for @homemommy   Email @homemommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly I can totally relate to your situation also. In June of 2003 I became pregnant and it was my 18 week appointment that I was measuring way to big, and found out the next week I was having 2 babies. I was gonna be a first time mom and was worrying about taking care of 1 baby let alone 2. My twin boys were born 2-3-04 and are now 9 months old. I still look back and wonder how I did it and am still doing it? My husband is a construction worker and was laid off the 1st 3 months then I was on my own. He stays 2hours away from home & is only home on Saturday nights & Sundays. The 1st week he was gone was the big challenge. I had lots & lots of pillows. I would prop one on each side of me and feed when I had to burp I would do the one handed thing and still hold the bottle for the other one. You just learn a routine and go with it. I have had sick babies all the way too and it has been so stressful. I have a chocolate lab also and he was my big baby then the boys came. He still when I don't have the boys he is on me to love him.I still have to hold their bottles @ 9 months because they don't. I still get one prop him on couch with pillow, then sit next to him with other holding him and hold both bottles. Motherhood is the biggest challenge I've ever had to face, so well worth it. It is stressful some days especially when they are sick, but when they smile at me 1st thing in the morning I know it will be a great day. One more thing my mom is an ANGEL sent from heaven to me. She does not live that far from me and she is always here for me too. Good Luck and I hope things get better.
Posts: 2 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3