Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Parents of Newborns and Toddlers   » We've got a problem with Kendel...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We've got a problem with Kendel...
K&K'sMommy
Member # 1093

Rate Member

posted May 25, 2004 01:51 PM      Profile for K&K'sMommy   Email K&K'sMommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Currently Kendel and Kaleb both are on Similac Advance. Kendel has been having problems... he spits up all the time which is normal for babies , but then he throws up. He'll throw up and it will literally shoot out of his mouth and then he's hungry all over again. Mind you the twins are only 9wks old. I've started putting cereal in his bottle to see if that helps but as of now it is not working. I called the peds. today they want me bring him to weigh him and to give me soy formula for him. If the soy formula doesn't solve the problem then the nurse said they would want to do x-rays. If something is wrong with his insides as far as a reflux problem that may have to be corrected by surgery. I am praying that this is just a lactose intolerance situatuion and nothing serious. Kaleb is fine he spits from time to time but nothing like his brother. Now they both have bad gas ..I give them both Mylicon drops which seem to help. I also told the nurse that when Kendel eats he acts as if he's in pain. He squirms, grunts really hard, and draws up. It seem to me that it may be more than the formula. Does this sound familiar to anyone!!! if so please share with me.
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
MillerFam
Member # 1065

Rate Member

posted May 25, 2004 04:53 PM      Profile for MillerFam     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have heard of this before with other moms. I know some women said their children had reflux but didn't have to have surgery, but did have to take medication (zantac, prescription) and such to help. It could also be the formula. When my SIL was a baby, they had to try several different formulas before they found one that worked. Good luck. (By the way - you may also want to go on Twins Magazine message board, I've found this one extremely helpful as well).
Posts: 11 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jocaud
Member # 1154

Rate Member

posted June 21, 2004 07:51 PM      Profile for Jocaud     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Food allergies...

I could talk about that all day...

You child is most likely lactose intolerant or has an allergy to milk protein. One of my twins has this same problem. We put her on soy and she slowly got better. But also be careful of any foods you give your baby (like cereal). Read labels! Read labels! You'll have to do that a lot when they get older. The health food store will become your best friend! LOL! When your child is two years old, doctors can do an allergy test called RAST. Its a blood test.

Until then, just be careful of dairy products with your child. My daughter eats and drinks a lot of soy, tofu, goat products. And if you are nursing, YOU need to cut out all dairy from your diet. But watch your labels on food...even white bread contains dairy.

[ June 21, 2004: Message edited by: Jocaud ]

Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
crazylady
Member # 939

posted June 23, 2004 09:02 PM      Profile for crazylady   Author's Homepage   Email crazylady   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
try giving him half milk and half water i had to do that with one of mine that couldnt drink the formulas and see if that works

--------------------

Kim

K&K'sMommy
Member # 1093

Rate Member

posted June 28, 2004 02:48 PM      Profile for K&K'sMommy   Email K&K'sMommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello..Kendel turns out to be allergic to milk protiens. His Ped. has us giving him Isomil that works very well for him. They also have us giving him cereal but I didn't even think to read the ingrdients...

I pray this is some thing he will grow out of!

I just wanted to let you guys know that are a couple of more sites that have great message boards also... twinmagazine.com and babiesonline.com. They are a bit more up to date with postings.

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3