Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Parents of young multiples with no family support   » 12 wk Twins-No support

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 12 wk Twins-No support
Suzie
Member # 1269

Rate Member

posted August 25, 2004 08:39 AM      Profile for Suzie   Email Suzie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi! I have twelve week old twin boys. I became a stay at home mom last week after taking a three month maturnity leave. I had been working five years as a social worker prior. My husband and I have very little support. My family is elderly and lives two hours away. They refuse to visit and we have to go see them. When we are there (which is every weekend) the babies cry constantly from being in a new enviroment. My husband's family lives five houses from us. They did not bring us any food when the babies were born, assist with the shower for the babies (we had to pay for our own invitation that they supposely had for us, etc.) They want to come over and 'hold" the babies while I clean the house. I am opposed to this because I believe their idea of helping with the twins is just simply visiting. In addition they smoke and do not see the dangers it poses to my premature babies. We ask them to bath and change clothes before coming over so they don't smell that bad of smoke. His family does not always follow this and I have had to confront his father which ended in him not speaking to us. I joined the local multiples club but I am having a hard time relating. We are lower middle class and it appears the majority of the woman in the club have a lot of money, nannies, house keepers, mother's day out, etc--all the things that I am doing as a stay at home mom. My husband and I have had more arguments lately concerning the children, money and our families. I suppose I don't have a question for the board, just trying to see if anyone out there can relate to our situation or have any ideas for me.
Posts: 1 | From: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3