Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Breastfeeding   » Breastfeeding Pillow?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breastfeeding Pillow?
MoJo
Member # 982

Rate Member

posted February 12, 2004 12:03 AM      Profile for MoJo   Email MoJo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have recommendations for twin nursing pillows? I don't know what to buy. I hear I am probably best off with the Anna or the EZ 2 Nurse. If you have used one of these and can tell me the pros and/or cons, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
jamie h.
Member # 994

Rate Member

posted February 21, 2004 09:40 PM      Profile for jamie h.   Email jamie h.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hi there. i begged my mom to buy a twin nursing pillow for me when i had my boys, and i ended up using it maybe a handful of times. i had the inflatable one... can't remember what it's called. it just wasn't comfortable and it was HUGE... if i was going to nurse both babies at once (which i didn't do very often because it made me feel like a dairy bar ) i just sat up and surrounded myself with pillows from my bed. my babies got too big to use it in such a short time anyway. however, i did LOVE the boppy pillow i had. i used that all the time while nursing (still do!) but it only really works with one. hope that was helpful.
Posts: 3 | From: northern illinois, usa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
anjelynne
Member # 1044

Rate Member

posted April 01, 2004 06:41 PM      Profile for anjelynne   Email anjelynne   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boppy pillow all the way - my boys are under 6 lbs and the boppy pillow is the only way to keep me from curling up in a ball so they can reach I do find that feeding when not at home is impossible without the pillow right now. All 3 of us are just more comfy be it feeding single or tandem!
Posts: 2 | From: Alberta | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
wendyB
Member # 1048

Rate Member

posted April 03, 2004 01:58 AM      Profile for wendyB   Email wendyB   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoJo:
Does anyone have recommendations for twin nursing pillows? I don't know what to buy. I hear I am probably best off with the Anna or the EZ 2 Nurse. If you have used one of these and can tell me the pros and/or cons, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I used the EZ 2 Nurse, not the inflatable. I loved it! My boys are 20 mo. old now and I still use it at bedtime, although I am trying to wean now. I brougt the pillow to the hospital with me when they were born and used it right away, and it was great. I could have both hands free once they were latched on. It was one of the best investments I made as far as baby products go.

MillerFam
Member # 1065

Rate Member

posted April 20, 2004 02:14 PM      Profile for MillerFam     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoJo:

Posts: 14 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
MillerFam
Member # 1065

Rate Member

posted April 20, 2004 02:17 PM      Profile for MillerFam     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My twins are 11 months old, and since they were about 3 months, I've used the EZ 2 nurse pillow - it works great. When I used the Boppy prior to buying my EZ 2 Nurse, I had backaches all the time and was going to the chiropractor. It is large - but nursing two babies is a big deal - keep it up!!
Posts: 14 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mother of Three Girls
Member # 1113

Rate Member

posted May 22, 2004 08:09 PM      Profile for Mother of Three Girls   Email Mother of Three Girls   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi! I used a nursing pillow for twins and besides my double stroller, I just loved it. I used it in the hospital's NICU. There hardly was ever an occasion I didn't nurse both at once. It was great. It was so comfortable. And let's be honest-how easy is it to get comfy when you have two little ones to nurse. I used my boppy with my first baby and that worked great for a single baby.
EviSara
Member # 1216

Rate Member

posted July 26, 2004 12:42 PM      Profile for EviSara   Email EviSara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just love my EZ 2 Nurse pillow, the best thing I bought while I was PG. My girls are 12 weeks old, and I nurse them while my hand are free, and I can burp one while still feeding the other one.
Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cheryl Lage
Member # 1139

Rate Member

posted September 14, 2004 05:14 PM      Profile for Cheryl Lage   Author's Homepage   Email Cheryl Lage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just throwing in another positive review for the EZ2 Nurse pillow...we always fed tandem, and I doubt we could have managed it so smootly without the pillow!

We even took it when we vacationed!

Best of luck to you-

--------------------

Cheryl Lage
Mommy to Darren & Sarah (9-5-2001)
http://www.Twinsights.com

Posts: 2 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Karen R
Member # 1439

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2004 11:34 PM      Profile for Karen R   Email Karen R   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My twin girls are 19 mo. old now, but when they were tiny I got the EZ 2 Nurse pillow for twins. I see all the rave reviews that this pillow has, but it wasn't that great for me. Maybe it's just me, but I just never could get situated very well with the babies and the pillow. If my husband was around to help me, then it was better. I was always afraid the babies were going to fall off, so I had blankets stacked around the pillow. And after they were a few months old, they seemed too big to fit on it anymore, even though the advertisement says it holds up to 70 lbs. I think. Maybe I'm like the other lady who said she felt like a milk dairy! I just preferred to nurse each one separately even though it took twice as long.

Karen

--------------------

Karen

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3