Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Breastfeeding   » scheduling

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scheduling
mt3
Member # 770

posted August 04, 2003 02:28 PM      Profile for mt3   Email mt3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a mom of 4 month old twins. I have been breastfeeding them, but finding it hard to set any type of schedule for them throughout the remainder of the day. I've spoken with my pediatricians, but they are more concerned about whether or not they put themselves to sleep. I have a ton of questions, and could really use some advice. As far as any type of schedule, where do I start? How do I start? Any kind of "sample schedule" would be very helpful. I'm sure I'll be writing more as I have so many questions from scheduling to breastfeeding....Again, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
J&J mom2001
Member # 664

Rate Member

posted September 18, 2003 07:40 AM      Profile for J&J mom2001   Email J&J mom2001   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, mt3

I really don't know if I have advise for you. But first a question. Do they wake up at the same time
or does one sleep, while you are feeding the other
one? If that is the case try to wake the sleeping one up.Feed them both at the same time.Sometimes they pick up the same time then. If you feed already at the same time, changing position while feeding to get them more satisfied might be an option. Otherwise try contac the La Leche League, they can help with breastfeeding problems.

I hope your successfull, berastfeeding is so importent.

Posts: 5 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mommyX3plus2
Member # 843

Rate Member

posted October 17, 2003 04:25 PM      Profile for mommyX3plus2   Email mommyX3plus2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi! I emailed you privately because I couldn't figure out how to post -- duh!!!! Anyway, I just said that my twins are alomost 6 mos old and they sorta have a schedule.

I gave you the run down of what I do with them. I have 3 singletons and then my twins. I believe in demand feeding but, totally understand that raising twins means business. So they are on kinda a schedule.

You are a good mama to be b/fing your twins,
kristi

twins1020
Member # 913

posted January 03, 2004 11:29 AM      Profile for twins1020        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its a little late and I do not know if you still need a schdule. I unfortunately was unable to breastfeed. I started out but while my babies were in the NICU they developed MRSA and then I developed it in my breasts. Although I am formula feeding now I do have a good schedule.
8:00 Wake, Dress, Feed,Burp
After I feed one I put him in the bouncy chair and feed the other.
9:00 Play time- independent or interation with parent
9:30 Nap
11:00 Feed time- Same process as at 8:00
12:00 Play time
12:30 Nap
2:00 Feed
3:00 Play time
3:30 Nap
5:00 Feed
6:00 Play
6:30 Bath
7:30 Feed
8:00 Bed
11:00 Last feed

It took me two weeks to get them on a good schedule. I would let them cry for 10 minutes and then go in and soothe. I would never pick them up unless they had a bad diaper. They learned to self soothe pretty quickly. Now that we have a schedule, they expect the routine and everyone is happier.

Posts: 2 | From: tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3