Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Parents who have competitive Twins   » behavior - fighting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: behavior - fighting
momie2gabby&mikey
Member # 883

posted November 19, 2003 11:21 PM      Profile for momie2gabby&mikey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was wondering if someone could help me! i am a mother of a boy/girl twin and there are 11 mos. old. Over the past 2 months, it seems that my daughter can not play with any toys for longer than 1 to 2 mins. until her brother crawls over and rips it out of her hands (and she doesn't even put up a fight). He does this all day long and with almost every toy she picks up. She has gotten so used to it that by now when she sees him coming over she just drops it and comes crawling and whining over to my side. I have tried to intervene at times but believe that may cause other problems, i.e., she will not learn to fight for what she wants. But it just makes me upset to know that she cannot enjoy any of her toys for too long. Does anyone have the same problem and any suggestions??? Please help!
Posts: 1 | From: new jersey | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Skiddlez
Member # 1132

Rate Member

posted June 02, 2004 03:53 AM      Profile for Skiddlez   Email Skiddlez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have twin daughters and they just turned a year old. Ever since they could pick up toys the oldest one would always rip it out of the younger ones hand. For the last three or four months they have been ripping it out of each others hands. I am slowly teaching them to share. This is what I do when I see one of them snatching toys. I take it from her hand, give it to her sister, then GENTLEY pop her on the hand as not to hurt her but to let her know what she did is wrong, and of course tell her no. It seems to be working for me.
jmstansbury
Member # 1329

Rate Member

posted September 19, 2004 02:03 AM      Profile for jmstansbury   Email jmstansbury   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My twin boys are 16 months old. They have never gotten along. They are so jealous of each other and they fight over every toy, bottle, cup etc. They compete for everything. It is getting so that even if one of them falls, the other will lay down on the grown too just because the other one is down.

Michelle

Posts: 1 | From: louisiana | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3