Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Parents of Toddlers   » Brand new parent of twin boys!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brand new parent of twin boys!
Tamika
Member # 1042

Rate Member

posted March 31, 2004 11:16 PM      Profile for Tamika   Email Tamika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I gave birth to my sons on 3-22-04 they came 8 wks early. They are still in NICU,doing very well though. They both weighed 4lbs and 9oz everyone thinks that is big for premiees but they look so small and fragile to me. My issue is am I really going to be able to take care of these babies when they get home and not neglect the rest of my family. I have a 3 yr old girl and I am married, but I wonder is it going to be enought of mommy and wife to go around? I know the twins are going to require a lot of time and attention, but I don't want to be to tired out for my husband or daughter. Right now she's excited about her brothers but I don't want my time and attention with them to change how she feels. How do I balance my life out?
Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tripsmommy
Member # 1085

Rate Member

posted May 01, 2004 11:06 PM      Profile for Tripsmommy   Email Tripsmommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are a good size. Mine were 1.9 and 2 lbs. They came home at about 4 1/2 lbs. You can do it. The first 6 months are less than perfect esp. with preemies, but after that its okay. Keep us posted.

--------------------

Jules-Mommy of 29 week triplets: identical boys almost 4yrs and their fraternal sister in heaven (passed away at one month)

Posts: 1 | From: The Lonestar State | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
MillerFam
Member # 1065

Rate Member

posted May 06, 2004 06:38 PM      Profile for MillerFam     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you on the babies - mine were born at 37 weeks and weren't in NICU - but I have a boy at home that turned 3 while I was in the hospital with the babies. We came home 5 days after they were born. Mine are now 11 months - and I still feel there isn't enough of me to go around - but you manage. Someone told me you will be amazed at how much your older son matures this year - I thought it was unfair to expect him to do so because of the babies - but they were right. Between preschool and being an older brother, he has done very well. The first 4 months were the hardest on him. Then the babies laughed at him and interacted - it was much better. Now they chase him around the house and want to play with his toys. My husband and I are getting used to no sleep. Just when we thought we got them on a routine - one of them would change the rules! Be prepared for lots of almost sleepless nights, possible tantrums from the 3 year old, and remember that one day you and your husband will have time alone together again (we are still waiting for that!!).
Posts: 5 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
KT
Member # 1092

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2004 10:54 AM      Profile for KT   Email KT   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have 1 month old girls lilanya and talia and a 2 year old son kian. This is the toughest ride ive ever had but if i relax and look at the 3 of them i know that it is all worth it... i juts wish i had more time to play with Kian, he loves his sisters but to be quite honest he is bored of them now... lets face it they dont do much for a 2 year old to appreciate do they! i have now asked my mum to have the twins 1 afternoon a weeks so i can take kian out and also she is having him 1 afternoon a week so she can take him out with her... i realise i am really lucky that my mum has the time to do that for me but after this weeks trial i think we will continue to do it!

--------------------

Katie

mum to lilanya grace and natalia ruby dob. 01/05/04

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3