Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Do your multiples share a crib or Bed?   » Can you give me an opinion on how long twins can sleep together in the same crib?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you give me an opinion on how long twins can sleep together in the same crib?
hbw
Member # 959

posted February 10, 2004 12:15 PM      Profile for hbw     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am expecting twins and we have a very small house. We had it all planned out fine for one and then suprise we have two. How long can twins stay toether in the same crib?

--------------------

hbw

Posts: 3 | From: Lakeside, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jamie h.
Member # 994

Rate Member

posted February 21, 2004 10:06 PM      Profile for jamie h.   Email jamie h.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hi. we were living in a *very* small apartment when we found out we were pregnant with twins, so i understand your plight! i had read in all my books that twins could stay in the same crib until about 6 months, but that may or may not be the case, given the temperment of your little ones. as for mine, we had them in a co-sleeper (which is like a pack 'n' play that is the same height as your bed and attaches right to the bed... if you want more info on that, let me know and i'll try to explain it better) together for the first two months and then after that, had jonah in the co-sleeper in our room and micah in a crib in their room. however, jonah is going to outgrow the co-sleeper very soon, and in my looking around for smaller-sized cribs, i've noted that ikea (IKEA) has cribs that are slightly smaller than regular cribs and when you put them in an L-shape, they don't take up very much room. let me know how it works out.
Posts: 3 | From: northern illinois, usa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
hbw
Member # 959

posted February 24, 2004 02:34 PM      Profile for hbw     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jamie,
Thanks for responding. I had never thought of the L-shape idea hats great. I am due in Sept. and am trying to prepare. I saw a small crid at Baby's R US. It is white, a sorta pipe style. I have heard that some people have used it past the first year.
HBW

--------------------

hbw

Posts: 3 | From: Lakeside, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
KT
Member # 1092

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2004 10:41 AM      Profile for KT   Email KT   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was advised to keep my 2 together for as long as possible for my own sanity because they pasify each other... however when lilanya was sick i had to take her out and now they wont settle together...any advise about how i can settle them in together again?

--------------------

Katie

mum to lilanya grace and natalia ruby dob. 01/05/04

mom2four
Member # 1256

Rate Member

posted August 19, 2004 04:44 PM      Profile for mom2four   Email mom2four   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi I wish you all the luck finding space! We have a very small nursery. I had every intention of putting the twins together in the same crib. We only had one at the time. Then they were born and did not fit in the same crib. My son was 8lbs14oz and my daughter was 7lbs8oz. I hope that you have better luck putting your babies together.

--------------------

mom2four

Posts: 9 | From: new york | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heidi I
Member # 1264

Rate Member

posted August 20, 2004 01:19 PM      Profile for Heidi I     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My girls were together until they were 10 months. The ONLY reason that we separated them was because they had colds and were keeping each other up. In hindsight, we should have waited. Even now, at 2 1/2, they sleep facing each other. There have been many a nights when we go in and they are sound asleep holding hands through the crib slats.

--------------------

Heidi

Posts: 8 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Myca
Member # 1398

Rate Member

posted October 24, 2004 01:09 AM      Profile for Myca   Email Myca   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my boys (Kayden, Kyel, and Kyrk, 3 yr old) never shared but my cousin has twins that are 5 and they still share (through their own choice). I think that your little ones will tell you when they are finished sharing. My cousin has found that they are infinately more calm by sharing. She has a 7 yr old single who was fussy all through his infant and toddler years. She says that her girls sooth each other by holding hands and rubbing backs.
Just listen to their non-verbal messages.
MycaMorgan@hotmail.com

--------------------

Myca

Posts: 4 | From: North Bay | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
sarahw
Member # 1403

Rate Member

posted October 25, 2004 01:06 PM      Profile for sarahw     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our id girls always slept together until about 6 years. It depends in your twins. Some twins have to be seperated at two weeks, others, like ours love to sleep together very long. They still share a room and ave their beds next to each other.
twomnkys2
Member # 1421

Rate Member

posted November 01, 2004 12:45 AM      Profile for twomnkys2   Email twomnkys2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ny identical girls were born nearly 2 months premature and the nurses in the NICU swore that they did best when together. When we brought them home (each right at 5 lbs), they shared a crib until 6 months. About that time, they had started to pull up and get around the crib too much to be together. They were using each other to climb on!! Now, at almost 5, they have toddler beds that are side-by-side and chit-chat half the time they should be asleep :-)
Twin Crib Man
Member # 1450

Rate Member

posted November 15, 2004 06:10 AM      Profile for Twin Crib Man   Author's Homepage   Email Twin Crib Man   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi
I have just started selling twin cribs in the USA. We have 2 varieties, 1 in an L corner shape that converts to a settee and the other in a king single shape that converts to 2 single beds with a conversion package.
Each has 2 heights, independent drop sides and a perspex see-through panel in between the 2 compartments.Allows them to always see but not touch and wake up.
See web site www.pamco.co.nz or www.kiwi_kid.com for more info and pictures.

Posts: 2 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
FatherOfSeven
Member # 1498

Rate Member

posted December 17, 2004 02:14 PM      Profile for FatherOfSeven     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a son who is 21 months and twin sons who are 9 months. The three boys share a room. The 21 month old is in a crib of his own and the twins are still sharing a rather small portable crib. Our expectation is to keep the twins together indefinitely, moving them into big brothers larger crib when necessary.
Posts: 1 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3