Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Parents of Multiples Chat Board   » SPECIAL TOPICS   » Start a Mother of Twins Organization   » SLEEP....help!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SLEEP....help!!!
Leanne
Member # 1162

Rate Member

posted June 30, 2004 05:41 PM      Profile for Leanne   Email Leanne   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I am a first time Mom of 6 mth old twin girls. I love everything about it except the dreaded SLEEP DEPRIVATION!!!! I am desperate to try ANY tricks anyone knows of that will possibly help my girls sleep. They are up every two hours all night long. Sometimes an hour apart from each other which means I see 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 etc etc etc.....
Their Dad just had a fall at work and has a severe break in his leg requiring surgery.....I will now have THREE babies at home....lol... so believe me, I am desperate for sleep and willing to try anything no matter how bizarre as long as it is not harmful in any way to my girls.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Posts: 1 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MillerFam
Member # 1065

Rate Member

posted July 09, 2004 10:44 AM      Profile for MillerFam     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have you read the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" By Dr. Weisbluth? It's a good book - although he kind of goes on and on, but it has helped us. I started reading it a couple of months ago and implemented his sleep schedule with my (then) 11 month olds. They now sleep at night from 7pm to 5:30 am - and hardly ever wake up at night. A HUGE difference than prior - I was like you - up every hour all night long. Good luck!
Posts: 14 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
twinmaker2x
Member # 1185

Rate Member

posted July 17, 2004 01:52 PM      Profile for twinmaker2x   Email twinmaker2x   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i am sleep deprived as well my boys born in may this year. as with my first set of twins putting them together helped them sleep also being next to me also helps. good luck
Posts: 1 | From: westerly ri | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bzychick
Member # 1189

Rate Member

posted July 18, 2004 10:28 PM      Profile for Bzychick   Email Bzychick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Leanne,
I have 8month old twin boys and
I learned to let them sleep where they fall asleep whether it's in the swing or the carseat! Trust me, if they fall asleep in the swing and it's downstairs in the living room then get yourself a pillow and grab the couch. You will at least get some rest and don't feel guilty about not putting them in the crib everynight there are no set rules when it comes to twins!

Posts: 1 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
new_mom_of_twins
Member # 1193

Rate Member

posted July 19, 2004 06:22 PM      Profile for new_mom_of_twins   Email new_mom_of_twins   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Leanne
I know how tired you must be
my 5 month old twins Amy & Austin were up every two hours at night too for the first 2 months we were home because they were in the hospital for 2 months after they were born I found that putting them on a schedule really helped my babies eat 5 times a day and drink about 32oz a day they get really filled up during the day so they don`t need to get up during the night they go to sleep around 9 or 9:30pm and I have to wake them at 8am I know I am very lucky but maybe a schedule might help you my doctor said that by 3 months old they shouldn`t need their night feeds anymore and maybe their getting up so much because its habit or maybe they don`t have good naps during the day and are just really overtired I hope I`ve been a little helpful but I think trying to get them on a schedule should really help
Good Luck!

--------------------

hi I am a new mom to my 5 month old twins Amy&Austin they are all my dreams come true I would like to talk with anyone who is a parent of twins also

Posts: 1 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | My Homepage | Privacy Statement

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3