Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 1   » Mirror Identical Twins   » mom of idenical boys

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mom of idenical boys
twinmommy
Member # 2385

Rate Member

posted 08-20-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for twinmommy   Email twinmommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am 24 mom of year old twin boys and a 3 year old daughter.I have a hard time telling my boys apart.I painted ones toe nail a dark color but they are getting older and I think I shouldn't be painting their toes now...besise the nail polish never stays on so I was wondering what your parent did to tell you apart or what other moms did.I hate it when people ask who is who and I don't have a clue have the time.Hoping for some help.
Posts: 3 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MeGaN & MaEvE
Member # 2384

posted 08-21-2003 10:31 AM      Profile for MeGaN & MaEvE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi,
We have cousins that are identical twins and they used to be very hard to tell apart...so we tried to see little things like on their face for example, if one has a freckle...or if one has a birth mark...my sister & I have the same birth mark in the same spot but I don't know about you...when trying to tell our cousins apart I noticed the different face shape and one's birth mark on her stomach...that is how we always told them apart until one of them got glasses and now it is much easier ...Im sure they will be easier to tell them apart as the get older...you will notice things one has and the other one doesn't...you will probaley see the same things in personalty.

Good Luck!!

~Megan...cousin to ID twins Kirsten & Kate and fraternal twin to Maeve~
(we also have 2 other sets of twins in our family, but they are not ID)

--------------------

MeGaN & MaEvE

twinmommy
Member # 2385

Rate Member

posted 08-22-2003 01:35 PM      Profile for twinmommy   Email twinmommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me they look the same.They both have a birth mark on the back of their neck but nothing diddern't.Some days they do have a differn't look about them but most times I still can't tell them apart.One sticks his tounge out the other makes funny faces but that doesn't happen all day.They act the same.Thanks for you reply I look foward to others.
mgs269
Member # 2280

Rate Member

posted 08-23-2003 06:17 PM      Profile for mgs269   Email mgs269   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey,
i am an identical twin and where 18 and pple still get us mixed up(relatives). when we were little our mom dressed us in a diff color. i was always dressed in purple or blue bc i liked those colors and my sisters was dressed in basically pink. dont worry ull beable to tell them apart soon hopefully lol. where are u from anyways??
meg

Nancy-and-Sara
Member # 2393

posted 08-24-2003 09:49 PM      Profile for Nancy-and-Sara     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about something like a haircut? there's no law that says they must have the same length hair, and even at 24 mos usually there's enough growing there to do it differently. Or some sort of not-removeable bracelet? (think hospital style) I'm sure if you get creative you'll find lots of things you can do. Right now, how about buying one a plain green T-shirt, and one a plain blue T-shirt to layer under their "same" long sleeved shirt (or whatever colors you like). Keep consistant about who wears which color, and then, as they need new clothes, stick to this theme. And, eventually, probably sooner than you think, they will develop little differences that you'll notice without thinking, and you can relax.
twinmommy
Member # 2385

Rate Member

posted 08-25-2003 07:02 PM      Profile for twinmommy   Email twinmommy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would cut their hair but the don't have any to cut...they are a year and I think should have hair but they don't.I read on another board about using tattoo's so I think I will try that...thanks for your post!
Sydney
Member # 2332

Rate Member

posted 10-15-2003 07:09 PM      Profile for Sydney     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my mom and friends told us apart by our shoes and my volleyball coaches told shannan to wear red socks (she was kidding but shannan still did it)and now thats how some people tell us apart.

try a hat or bracelet or shoes maybe a necklace.

--------------------

a house is built with roofs and beams...a home is built with love and dreams
Twincerely,
Sydney

i'm identical....i'm twindependent.

Posts: 54 | From: The wonderful U.S. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sydney
Member # 2332

Rate Member

posted 10-15-2003 07:13 PM      Profile for Sydney     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay! Okay! Yeah I'm under my sisters account so what. Im shannan. Hello everyone. Syd, your a dork! Bracelets? Shoes? good ideas but......
okay im not going to fight with her so bye everyone.

ignore the signature im shannan

--------------------

a house is built with roofs and beams...a home is built with love and dreams
Twincerely,
Sydney

i'm identical....i'm twindependent.

Posts: 54 | From: The wonderful U.S. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3