Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 5   » Sexuality Differences   » Twin Sexuality

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Twin Sexuality
Athletic24
Member # 2147

posted 02-07-2003 01:36 PM      Profile for Athletic24     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a 24y/o gay male who is dating an identical twin. We have a very solid and caring relationship that is unlike any other I have experienced. My boyfriend's twin, who is straight, is also a very good friend of mine. I am posting this letter because I am worried about negative things that might happen if my boyfriend comes out.
My boyfriend's sexuality is, and has been, an issue between him and his twin for a while. It comes up during disagreements and the pressure he gets to be straight makes my boyfriend want to hide his sexuality more. Sexuality is also an issue because his twin is scared that if my boyfriend comes out, people will assume he is gay also. They are still very close, but I know this is a touchy subject for both of them.
I want to be as supportive as I can to my boyfriend (and his twin) while my boyfriend begins the coming out process. I wanted to ask if there were any twins out there who were in a similar situation where one of both of you came out and how people reacted to it. If anyone had any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to email me personally if you don't want to post on this website.
Thanks again!

Posts: 4 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
iPeter
Member # 2848

Rate Member

posted 08-29-2004 10:03 PM      Profile for iPeter   Email iPeter   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My head is spinning.

What?

You're not a twin, but you're gay. You're dating someone who is also gay and who has a straight twin. They fight about the sexuality of your boyfriend.

Wow. Um.

I really have no advice, but...wow. I just had to offer condolences...

--------------------

It takes two baby,
it takes two baby,
just me and you...

Posts: 9 | From: Fresno | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Peggy
Member # 3016

Rate Member

posted 11-28-2004 04:54 AM      Profile for Peggy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know this was posted almost a year ago, but how is it going at this point? Are you still with that twin? I am in your (ex?) bf's place, being the gay twin of a straight person, but I'm much luckier in that my sister is 100% comfortable with who I am and behind me on it. But if you or your boyfriend need to talk about it I would love to hear about your experiences with it.

Peggy

easyfriday2000
Member # 3064

Rate Member

posted 01-01-2005 05:50 PM      Profile for easyfriday2000   Email easyfriday2000   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well ya i am kind of late in relpying but i am the gay twin and i was so worried to tell my brother about me. We have always been so close and i didnt want to mess that up. I ended up telling him about 3 years ago and at first he was kind of weird about it but now he wants to be a bartender with me when i get back home in one of the gay clubs so we can make money :-) He has come a long way and i say just tell him . There is no way you could not love your twin everybody on here knows that. Oh he is my identical twin and i also have a twin sister (fraternal of course) so technically a triplett. Good luck though

kyle

Posts: 2 | From: afghanistan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Peggy
Member # 3016

Rate Member

posted 01-05-2005 12:01 PM      Profile for Peggy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My sister was the only one that I did not have to come out to- she just, like, figured it out when I did. Or I guess you could say, we both just knew it all along.

Everyone else was really surprised though, because she was always wearing pants and playing with trucks, and I was always wearing skirts and playing house, so they figured she would be gay and I would be married right out of high school. Now I am gay and she is getting married, to a really cool guy.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3