Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 3   » Twin Getting Married   » D-day - 9/25/04

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: D-day - 9/25/04
Twin24
Member # 2730

Rate Member

posted 06-26-2004 06:17 PM      Profile for Twin24   Author's Homepage   Email Twin24   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm getting married & it will never change the way we are..the part of being a twin has actually come up in recent arguments..she has to understand that, although I love her very much, my brother was 1st & always will be 1st in my life..that's just how close we are & how much I love that ni@@a..maybe one dat she'll come around because if she doesn't, then I really don't think that we'll stay together long after we're married..does anyone feel that I'm wrong for feeling this way???

--------------------

RVP(Twin24)

Posts: 8 | From: New Jerus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
rblee
Member # 2865

posted 09-03-2004 03:38 PM      Profile for rblee        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too am an identical twin who is getting married very shortly, and there is no question that there is a constant struggle with balancing both relationships. However, I would encourage you to find that balance. Just because you accept your fiance as your partner in marriage does not mean you are in anyway 'demoting' your brother. Let them both know that they share that #1 spot.

Believe me, I am extremely close to my twin sister and in many ways, I believe that she will always be closer to me than anyone (a thing only twins can truly understand), but I also have to realize that I deserve a partner in love as well, and to do so, I will need to find a spot on that #1 shelf for both of them.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 1 | From: Chicago | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jenjag
Member # 2880

Rate Member

posted 09-14-2004 10:06 AM      Profile for jenjag     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My twin sister just got married and I know how you feel about your brother being #1 in your life. My sister will always be #1 (probably tied for one when(if)ever I get married). I hope that your wife is understanding that you still have a bond with your brother, but it's a different kind of bond than what you have with her. Also, you need to realize that she can't understand taht bond if she's not a twin. If you've had discussions abotu your realtionship with your brother, try to realize that she is looking at the situation from a different viewpoint. How often has she met your brother and been around the 2 of you? I know that after a while of hanging out with my sister nad I my brother-in-law (before they were married) got to better understand the relationship that we have. Maybe she needs to spend more time with your brother (or talk to him if distance is an issue).
Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
damaris brownn
Member # 2911

posted 09-27-2004 07:06 PM      Profile for damaris brownn        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my twin likes a gal i h8, and he usually takes my advice w/ me bein a gal &all. i dunno... it seems that marriage would be hard !!!
luv, dimmy

--------------------

oen twin is taking on the whole world~ me!!!

damarisberkeleybrownn

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3