Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 1   » Fraternal Twins   » TWIN POLL... INTERESTING!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TWIN POLL... INTERESTING!
Jessie
Member # 2930

Rate Member

posted 10-07-2004 03:12 PM      Profile for Jessie   Email Jessie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi i am a psychology student at the university of michigan and i have a brief survey that I would love if some twins could answer! Here it goes!
1. When you were little, did you ever confuse your names or think that the two of you had a joint name (e.g. kim-and-sue)?

2. Were you placed in the same classes in school?

3. Do you feel that your twin fills a void that no other relationship could fill?

4. Do you and your twin have similar interests?

5. Have you faced competition between you and your twin either academically or socially?

6. Do you feel that your parents treat you as individuals, or as a unit?

7. Do you feel more comfortable being treated as an individual or as a unit?

8. What is one quality of yours that you attribute to being a twin?

9. Do you share similar friends with your twin?

10. Do you consider having a twin aa lucky circumstance? Or unlucky? (do you view your experience as a twin as positive or negative?)

--------------------

jessie

Posts: 2 | From: ann arbor, mi | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Madison
Member # 2495

Member Rated:

posted 10-09-2004 02:51 PM      Profile for Madison   Email Madison   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Jessie,

I'm Madison, I'm 13 and I'm in Malibu, CA. I've replied to all your questions; let me know if you'd like my twin, Isabella, to do them for you too.

1. When you were little, did you ever confuse your names or think that the two of you had a joint name (e.g. kim-and-sue)? We've never confused our names, but other people do all the time. We've learnt to answer to both. At school, though, the teachers all refer to us as "Madison-and-Isabella".

2. Were you placed in the same classes in school?Yep, we're in most of the same classes together, but there are two that we're not.

3. Do you feel that your twin fills a void that no other relationship could fill? Certainly. When I'm not with her, it's like there's half of me missing or something.

4. Do you and your twin have similar interests? We do actually share a lot of the same interests, but there are certain activities we've always done independantly. It's kind of an equal balance.

5. Have you faced competition between you and your twin either academically or socially? Both! There have always been times when we've been competitive with each other, but only light heartedly - we're too close to get worked up over that sort of thing.

6. Do you feel that your parents treat you as individuals, or as a unit? Individuals. And I'm so grateful for that.

7. Do you feel more comfortable being treated as an individual or as a unit? As an individual, because that's what I am.

8. What is one quality of yours that you attribute to being a twin? Confidence.

9. Do you share similar friends with your twin? Yes, almost all of my friends are the friends of Isabella too. But we do have like one or two separate friends.

--------------------

Love Madison x

Proud to be the Mirror Identical twin of Isabella

Twins have their hearts enTWINed

Posts: 61 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
jenjag
Member # 2880

Rate Member

posted 10-12-2004 04:59 PM      Profile for jenjag     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. When you were little, did you ever confuse your names or think that the two of you had a joint name (e.g. kim-and-sue)?

A. I never confused our names

A. In first grade, we were separated, but my parents didn't like the difference in the levels the teachers taught at, so we were in the same classes most of the rest of our pre-college (in college we had different majors, so different classes)

3. Do you feel that your twin fills a void that no other relationship could fill?

A. Absolutely yes!!!

A. Very much so. We usually take part in these interests together too (ie traveling, etc)

5. Have you faced competition between you and your twin either academically or socially?

A. I think it's hard to avoid competition (since society wants to compare you), but we never let it bother us.

A. They definitely treat us as individuals

A. I guess as an individual who shares a close bond with my sister.

A. I have never not been a twin, so I dont' knwo what attributes I wouldn't have if I wasn't a twin

A. We did through high school....In college we started branching out, and now we're in different cities, but have a few mutual close friends still from earlier in life

10. Do you consider having a twin aa lucky circumstance? Or unlucky? (do you view your experience as a twin as positive or negative?)

A. Definitely positive

Posts: 10 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Peggy
Member # 3016

Rate Member

posted 11-28-2004 05:07 AM      Profile for Peggy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

No, but everyone else did. Our names begin with the same letters, and sound similar, so we will both respond to either of them, even now that we do not live together.

Sometimes, sometimes not. We took different classes in high school.

Well, it is a different relatiuonship than any other. Even if someone else wanted to have that same position in my life, they still would not have known me since I was conceived.

Some of them are identical, some are complimentary. Like, she spins yarn and I knit.

Academically.

As children we were mostly a unit, got joint presents and everything which SUCKS. Now we live in different cities so we are mostly individuals.

I'm totally comfortable with either.

My uncommon ability to ignore stimulus around me until something important comes out of it (like my sister's radio finally playing the song I wanted to hear).

I don't underwstand the question. We get along with each other's friends.

Positive, absolutely.

Peggy

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3