Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 2   » Casting Agency   » Why I am against Human Cloning, And Twins this effect US!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why I am against Human Cloning, And Twins this effect US!!!!
Nellie
Member # 2092

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2003 09:07 AM      Profile for Nellie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is my opinion on it. And has you will see, I have thought about it for a while.

First of all, to me another word for cloning, is TWINNING!!!! I am an identical twin. My sister has the identical genes that I have.

One of the big reasons this "group" did this, is a ridiculous belief that when you clone yourself you give yourself immortality. Well guess what! My twin sister and myself, have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES! In other words, yes our genes are identical and yes we sound the same and look the same, and even have same mannerisms, However, who we are and what were are SEPARATE INDIVIDUALS. So claiming this is going to give them immortality is ridiculous.

Second thought: What purpose would cloning then have? Well scary as this sound, how about replacing a loved one? A mother who has died, or a child that has died. Well if you thought you came from a dysfunctional family, how do you think a child who looks just like their grandmother might feel, especially if their father or mother want THEM to baby them (not deliberately of course, but psychologically) in the replacement of the mother that they lost. Or just that because times have changed, and parents treat their children differently, that the child they had lost, acts differently than the child they had. Does that child feel accepted for who they are, rather than who the parents hoped he or she would be? What a burden to put on anyone!!!!

Third thought: What would cloned babies be used for then? Well products. Baby parts. Replace the heart of a child that did not have one or got diseased. or Help an adult with a disease that if he had himself cloned would have a perfect match for bone marrow, or other things they might want. Well to me, the moment you make any human a product, you place a need in society, and then create slaves out of these cloned babies. They won't have real rights like regular people and then you have the whole problem of dehumanizing them. Well as a natural clone, with my twin, I take great offense of this.

The third is also why I don't like any study of using embryos, the moment you find a use for them, the moment they become a need, and the moment you need the "product" Plus it is completely unnecessary, they have found you can get same cells from the blood from the placenta that can do the same thing.

Morally, I have not even gotten to that, In my belief That God created man, and woman, and that he alone has the right to develop humans, Even with their imperfections, because He alone is GOD.

Plus I believe in the right of life, Old and young. but that is another can of worms.

Well I will get off my soap box now, Take Care and God bless!!
Take Care and God Bless!
Nellie

Posts: 1 | From: Haverhill, New Hamphire | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kaizer So'sze
Member # 2158

Rate Member

posted 02-17-2003 12:22 AM      Profile for Kaizer So'sze   Email Kaizer So'sze   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, human cloning is BAD!!! For many of the reasons that many people have stated over and over already...I do have a little insight on using cloned children for spare parts.

As some have pointed out, cloning is essentially creating twins. So what happens to some of those "twins" that don't make the final cut to "life".

For all of my life I have felt an indescribable loss and inability to have stable "normal" relationships with people, anyone, including my immediate family. I feel a constant distance between myself and everyone else. I felt as though someone VERY important to me was missing from my life.

A little while ago I found out that I was supposed to be twins, but my sibling didn't make the grade, so to speak.

Even now, knowing what I know, I don't see how to normalize myself with the social world around me, but my perspective on when life begins has altered. I can't remember what it was like way back when, after conception before birth, but I can still feel the loss of the brother I never knew.

Posts: 2 | From: Spokane, WA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3