Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 3   » Relationships With A Twin   » need help!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help!!!!
tryingtobeme
Member # 2875

posted 09-08-2004 01:29 PM      Profile for tryingtobeme     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My twin and I have had major problems since I got a boyfriend. I feel like I have ruined some of the greatest moments in my relationship with him because I constantly was worried about how she was feeling and sad. I only wanted her to have a bfriend too. Now she has one, and things are worse than ever. How can we not compare our relationships and boyfriends? I want a good relationship with my twin. Please answer me. I would be very interested in chatting with people who have this same problem. Thank you
jenjag
Member # 2880

Rate Member

posted 09-14-2004 09:51 AM      Profile for jenjag     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dear trying.....

My suggestion to you and your sister is to focus on the good aspects of dating and your respective boyfriends. All guys are going to have their good points and bad points. It may be easier for you 2 if you focus on what you like about your guy. I would definitely talk to her if a serious issue comes up, but dating should be a fun happy thing, so try and focus on that.

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
c-bubbles
Member # 2919

posted 09-30-2004 03:31 AM      Profile for c-bubbles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi. I am myself a twin and am having major problems with the same topic. I am 32 and still live with my twin. I have been single for 11 years and now have just found a great guy to be with. Problem is my twin is jealous. She even has asked me to move out which I think would just make things worse. She does not have alot of friends and expects me to always be here waiting for her when she wants to do something. The really frustrating part is that I went through the exact same thing when she was dating and I was not. I had these involuntary feelings that I could not control. Same as most of the other messages, everything is fine for a few days until I do something to upset her. The solution is NOT breaking up with anybody. Twins have a special bond but need to break at some point. It does not mean that we don't want to be with our twin and we certainly can not be expected to live with them for the rest of oor lives. I myself do not know what the solution is. It is so hard. Fortunatley my b/f knows the situation and is very understanding. I am looking for any advice as well. I am at a loss.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3