Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 1   » Psychic Experiences   » What freaky twin thing? ? gniht niwt ykaerf tahW

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What freaky twin thing? ? gniht niwt ykaerf tahW
Sydney
Member # 2332

posted 11-09-2003 08:22 AM      Profile for Sydney        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People at school think it is freaky when Shannan and i say the same thing at the same time and in the same tone. My question is WHY?
why? i think its cool. very very cool.

i sometimes say the same thing as my best friend, Carrissa, and they say "Sydney's a triplet!" and then some dumb brain in the back will say something about carrissa shannan and sydney not being "TWIN NAMES".

on friday we wore (we always wear the same clothes) this cute top with jeans and some people couldnt tell us apart so they asked carrissa and Jaimee (my friends) which was which.
Once they found out...they stuck a note on my back that said "Shannan" but i'm sydney.
So all day people were calling me shannan and i didnt know why.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i just think those guys were weird.

--------------------

From Syd and Shannan

Posts: 62 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2003 04:33 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But being a twin IS cool, very cool (lol)... that's funny about them calling you Shannon, they do the same to me and my identical twin sisters... haha

--------------------

~Avril~

Posts: 35 | From: New Jersey, U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sydney
Member # 2332

posted 11-11-2003 10:40 PM      Profile for Sydney        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, yeah its fun. your an identical quintuplet, i'm thinking. correct me if i'm wrong.

--------------------

From Syd and Shannan

FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 11-19-2003 07:49 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, well I was born a quint, buts its a quad now.... 3 identical girls 1 boy

--------------------

~Avril~

Brianstwin
Member # 2320

Rate Member

posted 11-19-2003 11:37 PM      Profile for Brianstwin   Email Brianstwin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what was the quint but i wish sometimes i was a triplet or a quad . Kevy B's Twin
Posts: 45 | From: New England | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sydney
Member # 2332

posted 11-20-2003 07:01 AM      Profile for Sydney        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quint is 5.

im sorry for your loss fantasy

--------------------

From Syd and Shannan

Brianstwin
Member # 2320

Rate Member

posted 11-20-2003 12:02 PM      Profile for Brianstwin   Email Brianstwin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i know what a quint is i was asking what ist was a male or female quint . Kevy B's Twin
Posts: 45 | From: New England | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sydney
Member # 2332

posted 11-20-2003 05:23 PM      Profile for Sydney        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
opppss sorry *hides*

--------------------

From Syd and Shannan

FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 11-20-2003 07:54 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's okay Syd, but thanks

--------------------

~Avril~

Madison
Member # 2495

Member Rated:

posted 01-03-2004 09:41 AM      Profile for Madison   Email Madison   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Being a twin is cool! Me & Isabella sometimes speak together but when we do, people just think we're doing it on purpose to annoy them - which we do sometimes!

--------------------

Love Madison x

Proud to be the Mirror Identical twin of Isabella

Twins have their hearts enTWINed

Posts: 38 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ganymede
Member # 2540

posted 01-09-2004 11:03 PM      Profile for Ganymede   Email Ganymede   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My sister and I, even though we don't look alike, have people confuse us with the other. I remember when I went to the same school as her, I was threatened with detention by some teacher I didn't know because I "wasn't doing my work" when I was in the library. When I corrected them they didn't care. What I think is funny is when someone who I don't know asks me about something for class. I, of course, ask them what class they mean and then have to explain that I'm a twin. My sister is a grade below me and one time I got kicked out of an assembly because they thought I was in her grade..... grrr.. Luckily I go to a different school than her now and all is well. lol.

--------------------

I'm the only one who can say "I've known you BEFORE you were born!"

JohnB
Member # 2559

Rate Member

posted 01-19-2004 02:55 AM      Profile for JohnB   Email JohnB   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Growing up, I remember my (identical) twin brother and I would often think or say the same thing, or I would think something a split second before he said it. We called it "brain-grafting." I am married now, and can have similar psychic experiences with my wife(not sure why, but I doubt single-birth folks can do this as much). I remember the first time it happened with my wife. I thought of a song I had not heard for a long time, and at that moment she drove up and picked me up in our car, and the song was playing. Instead of being in tune with the radio frequency, I think I was picking up my wife's brain. My brother and I talk almost daily on the phone, and the psychic-type stuff conintues. Do other twins feel like they are psychic with each other and others like this (or am I crazy)?
Posts: 3 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 01-19-2004 02:34 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No no. It's called ESP. It is stronger with twins/multiples but it can simply happen by being close to someone (example; you and your wife). It's not a "twin thing" like people title it.

--------------------

~Avril~

Matt
Member # 2566

Member Rated:

posted 01-23-2004 12:48 AM      Profile for Matt   Email Matt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, there are so many stupid misconceptions people have about twins. I realize that once in a blue moon I'll come across a pair of twins who claim to be able to vaguely feel each others pain or have dreams that each other walk into, but some of the stuff people bring up to me are just retarded!
"Do you ever have a dream, and in the dream your twin walks into the dream? And then you wake up at the same time and look at each other and say what a cool dream it was?"
seriously people like this should be tied to a pole and flogged! *sigh* sorry bout the rant, its so cool being a twin though hehe TheMatt924 AIM me sometime! =Ž

Posts: 38 | From: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ella
Member # 2615

posted 02-23-2004 02:10 PM      Profile for Ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I die I hope to be reincarnated with a twin or triplet or qaud or anything that is twin related lol,sometimes I wonder...

--------------------

If ya know what I mean...

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
AlanBlack
Member # 2720

Rate Member

posted 06-02-2004 07:16 PM      Profile for AlanBlack   Email AlanBlack   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember in high school as freshmen (right after we met) I would have these weird thoughts that had nothing to do with what I was doing.

For example, my bell schedule was almost identical to his, exept he had PE 4th period and History 5th, and I had History 4th, and then PE 5th.

I would be sitting there in class when a thought would come up like "Dang, this water's cold!" Or I'd be running and a thought would come up like "We, the people, in order to form a more perfect union..."

We have a strong connection.

Posts: 5 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
iPeter
Member # 2848

Rate Member

posted 08-26-2004 12:08 AM      Profile for iPeter   Email iPeter   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For us it's thoughts, singing, and feelings.

If I'm thinking "What's for dinner?" he might mumble to himself "I hope it's chicken.".

If I'm thinking about a song, and I hum it (yesterday it was The White Queen's song from the 1978 "Through The Looking Glass" [it's a movie]), he might come through singing, not noticing I'm humming the song.

Then there's times when, say, I'm sitting in class, and he's two desks away, flipping papers, I'll feel a sharp pain in my finger just as he goes "Ow" (paper cut)

And on and on.

--------------------

It takes two baby,
it takes two baby,
just me and you...

Posts: 4 | From: Fresno | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3