Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 1   » Amazing Twin Facts   » Hi!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi!
AlanBlack
Member # 2720

Rate Member

posted 06-02-2004 06:57 PM      Profile for AlanBlack   Email AlanBlack   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm Alan Black. I live with my twin brother (Alex) in a flat in London. We're proud of being twins.

So...cheerio!

Posts: 5 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Madison
Member # 2495

Member Rated:

posted 06-08-2004 02:23 PM      Profile for Madison   Email Madison   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the boards

See you around!

--------------------

Love Madison x

Proud to be the Mirror Identical twin of Isabella

Twins have their hearts enTWINed

Posts: 40 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hope & Holly
Member # 2772

Rate Member

posted 07-16-2004 10:30 AM      Profile for Hope & Holly   Email Hope & Holly   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madison:
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the boards

See you around!

--------------------

Hope & Holly

Hope & Holly
Member # 2772

Rate Member

posted 07-16-2004 10:31 AM      Profile for Hope & Holly   Email Hope & Holly   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hope & Holly:
[QB][/QB]

Hey madison what is a mirror twin

Hope & Holly

--------------------

Hope & Holly

Hope & Holly
Member # 2772

Rate Member

posted 07-16-2004 10:56 AM      Profile for Hope & Holly   Email Hope & Holly   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hope & Holly:

Hey madison what is a mirror twin

Hope & Holly

how much did you and your twin weigh when ya'll were born ? well me and my twin were 2 month premature holly weighed 5pounds.2 ounces and I wieghed 2pound 4 ounces. we both had respitory distress but I was way worse cause i had i had a hernia and stayed in the hospital for 2 months . and I was always smaller than holly but i'm catching up to her now . People think we are fraturnal twins but we are identicle twins cause my mom didn't even know holly was coming until months before we were born and just because holly's bigger they think that . Does anyone else have this problem with a twin being bigger
Hope & Holly

--------------------

Hope & Holly

Sydney
Member # 2332

posted 07-19-2004 12:42 PM      Profile for Sydney        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Alan! Im Sydney and I have an identical twin sis named Shannan

Cheers

--------------------

From Syd and Shannan

Posts: 62 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Madison
Member # 2495

Member Rated:

posted 08-30-2004 02:52 PM      Profile for Madison   Email Madison   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Hope and Holly,

Mirror twins are a type of identical twins. They have mirror image fingerprints, one is right handed and the other is left handed, etc. You could say that one twin appears to be a "mirror" image of the other, hence the name. Myself and my sister Isabella are mirror twins - we have had a zygosity test.

Oh, and to answer your second question: I weighed 5 pounds 12 ounces at birth and Isabella was 6 pounds 3. We were born at 37 weeks, a little early, and were in NICU for a while.

--------------------

Love Madison x

Proud to be the Mirror Identical twin of Isabella

Twins have their hearts enTWINed

Posts: 40 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3