Welcome to Twins Chat!

Twins Chat is our international bulletin board dedicated to the support, education, enrichment and well-being of twins, multiples and parents of multiples worldwide.

To add your message to any forum, you must first register. Click on the word "register" below. You will be asked to choose a user name and password for yourself. If you have already registered, click directly on 'Login' and enter your username/password. If you have forgotten this information, click on 'Login' and then on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. Your information will be emailed to your email address.

You will not have to give any personal information. Use your real email address if you wish to receive responses via email. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message to Debbie & Lisa. Thanks!

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Twin Bulletin Board   » 1   » Amazing Twin Facts   » Avril, quint question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Avril, quint question
Kendra
Member # 391

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2004 01:21 PM      Profile for Kendra   Author's Homepage   Email Kendra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Avril,

I have a question and I hope you don't get offended. What was the sex of your sibling who died? Were you a natural conception?

Did you get a lot of media attention and help when you were born. I'm going to assume it was in the late 1980s right? I'd think identical triplets in a set of quints would get quite a bit.

Please reply, I am very curious, since quints are pretty unusal.

--------------------

http://millartwins.twinstuff.com

Posts: 51 | From: Welland, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2004 07:46 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, no I am not offended =). It was a boy, Sean. Now it's me, Emilia, Angelina, and Erick. We did get alot of media attention, but I don't remember it getting too crazy though. We actually still get asked to take pictures for some small newspapers here in NJ.

When we were babies they would always ask my parents if we can go on TV or if they can take pictures for the newspapers and stuff and my parents and other siblings would be interviewed. But because we are only quads, and like you said quints are one of the most rare, the news didn't travel much. And we were born in 1990.

--------------------

~Avril~

Posts: 35 | From: New Jersey, U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2004 07:48 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh sorry, I forgot to add that we do get help for college and we do have a college fund since we were born.

Yes, but it's great to be an identical triplet =) lol

--------------------

~Avril~

Kendra
Member # 391

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2004 08:39 PM      Profile for Kendra   Author's Homepage   Email Kendra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You've changed one of your siblings names.

Did you know there is a site out there with a list of all higher order multiples out there? Shes been collecting the info for YEARS. I did a search and didn't find you. You should e-mail the owner to get on the list, she is always adding new sets. She would need your birth certificate or your mother to call her. http://mypage.direct.ca/c/csamson/multiples.html

You didn't say if you were a natural conception or not. Do you know how incredibly rare it is to get identical triplets using treatments?

--------------------

Posts: 51 | From: Welland, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
FantasyDreamer5
Member # 2473

Member Rated:

posted 01-23-2004 03:07 PM      Profile for FantasyDreamer5     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't change anyone's name, Emilia (aka Emma) Angelina (aka Angee) and Erick. lol. And yes, we are a natural conception. If you go to a library and look it up on those old newspaper things (I am not sure what they are called) you'll find us. I'm not going to give you our last name but our DOB is January 26, 1990. We aren't on any websites, our mother never sent anything or did anything, so you won't find us. This whole thing obviously spread when we were born and that's fine, but being known as "the quad" or as "the quint" is annoying. You know what I mean? I just thought this website (Twinsworld.com) I would find people that can relate. Also, here is some information on us if anything:
Author Comment
[Blocked]
Prospective Student
(1/27/90 5:08 am)
Reply New Jersey Quintuplets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four babies make for tight quarters
January 26, 1990

By ROBERT [Blocked]
Staff Writer

Kelly and Jack [Blocked] have suddenly outgrown their four-bedroom home in [Blocked].

But that doesn't bother the couple, who previously had fraternal twins. They are beaming over the the arrival of their quintuplets - four surviving. These little miracles were the first set ever born at [Blocked] in [Blocked].

The mother and babies - three girls and one boy - aredoing fine, doctors said Tuesday.

"I don't know if I realized I had five babies until I saw them coming out of my belly," said Kelly.

On Tuesday, Emilia-Rose, Erick John, Angelina-Gabrielle, and Avril Essence, napped under heat lamps in the neonatal intensive care unit. They were wrapped in preemie-size diapers and their heads were covered in knit caps.

Red, white, and blue pinwheels decorated the equipment surrounding the newborns, whom the hospital has dubbed the "Yankee Doodle Dandies." At one point, Erick let out a brief, muffled cry and started swinging his arms until falling back into a peaceful sleep.

The babies were experiencing complications typical of a premature birth. "At 28 weeks, the lungs of a baby are developed but not fully mature, so each of the babies had trouble breathing," said [Blocked], attending physician at the neonatal intensive care unit. A full-term pregnancy is 40 weeks; multiple births are typically earlier.

"A couple of them needed help breathing and had ventilators and respirators to help them breathe. That is why we lost the fourth child. But now I'm happy to report that the rest are all breathing on their own," [Blocked] said.

It was unclear when the quints, now quads, would go home, but doctors said premature infants typically stay in the hospital one week for each week they are early.

The babies were delivered a minute apart by Caesarean section, beginning at 3:03 p.m. on January 26. As each newborn took its first breath, Jack announced the arrival to his wife, who remained awake.

"I was pretty nervous. After the first one came out I was relieved. She was crying and kicking and moving. It was a big relief and I started crying," said Jack, 33.

Such multiple births can be extremely risky, doctors said.

"Don't take her as the rule. She's the exception. She's the exception because of her health. She's the exception because of her determination and resolve," said perinatologist Aldo [Blocked].

[Blocked] advised prospective parents of the dangers of multiple births.

"Don't take it as, if they can do it, I can do it. It's associated with plenty of complications," said [Blocked], who was among the 25 doctors and nurses at the delivery.

Kelly never considered giving up any of the fetuses to reduce the risks. "I thought to take away a baby is not in my nature. If God gave it to me, I'm going to do my job," she said. "I didn't know what to expect but I always had a good feeling about it."

The children were born in the same hospital as their father. Jack grew up in the area before moving to Italy as a child. He and Kelly, who is from Italy, moved to New Jersey six years ago.

The [Blocked] always hoped to have children, but they never expected to have so many.

Buying supplies for five infants already is proving difficult. The couple found a stroller built for five, but it was too heavy so they settled on two strollers - one for triplets and one for twins.

The [Blocked] have a team of friends and family helping them get ready to care for their family. Jack said he knows of one item atop the "to do" list.

"We're trying to find a bigger place to stay," he said. "Having nine children isn't easy."

A trust fund has been set up for the quintuplets. Donations can be sent to Trust for the Benefit of the [Blocked] Quadruplets, and can be sent to[Blocked*******************************************].

[Blocked]

--------------------

~Avril~

Matt
Member # 2566

Member Rated:

posted 01-23-2004 05:16 PM      Profile for Matt   Email Matt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thats really rare and really cool. I'm a triplet, I have an identical twin brother and we have a fraternal sister, we're all 19 now and it was all natural, here in Rhode Island (the smallest state) we were pretty big news for a while, and its hard to go anywhere where I have to introduce myself because everyone seems to know I'm "one of the triplets! hmmmm...matt or mike???" lol
Posts: 38 | From: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
oldaccount
Member # 2547

posted 01-23-2004 10:40 PM      Profile for oldaccount     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There has only been ONE set of quints in history with 3 identical (the set was 3 identical boys and 2 identical girls). There is only one set of quints with 2 sets of identical twins in it.

Both sets have had extensive media coverage. If you are what you say (and I'm 99.9% sure you aren't), then I should be able to search online archives of various New Jersey newspapers to find your family, shouldn't I?

Funny that NOTHING has come up in:

The Atlantic City
The Bergen Record
Newark Star-Ledger
Times of Trenton
The Star-Ledger
The Jersey Journal
The Gloucester County Times
The Easton Express-Times
The Bridgeton News
Today's Sunbeam
Hunterdon County Democrat
The Reporter, Somerset
The Jersey Journal
The Record, Hackensack
Scripps News Service

and I even checked New York papers:

The Buffalo News
Daily Record of Rochester
New York Post
New York Sun
The Post-Standard
The Times-Union
The Watertown Daily

...among other archives that stretch back way beyond 1990. Not a single mention. I see articles about a whole lot of real sets of quints though.

[ 04-14-2012: Message edited by: oldaccount ]

oldaccount
Member # 2547

posted 01-23-2004 10:59 PM      Profile for oldaccount     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, you made it even easier to prove. Only 7 families in history with quints AND twins.
Madison
Member # 2495

Member Rated:

posted 01-24-2004 03:44 AM      Profile for Madison   Email Madison   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Avril,

Would you like to be friends with me & my sister? If you do, please email us at brooklyn_twins@yahoo.com

--------------------

Love Madison x

Proud to be the Mirror Identical twin of Isabella

Twins have their hearts enTWINed

Posts: 61 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
oldaccount
Member # 2547

posted 01-24-2004 06:18 PM      Profile for oldaccount     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you realize the "doctor" in your "article" stated that "This is why we lost the FOURTH child"?
Kendra
Member # 391

Member Rated:

posted 01-27-2004 06:03 AM      Profile for Kendra   Author's Homepage   Email Kendra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think shes ignoring us aries.

I would like to know what "newspaper" that was from.

--------------------

oldaccount
Member # 2547

posted 01-27-2004 06:40 PM      Profile for oldaccount     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think "The Imaginary Sun-Times"
Donita
Member # 469

Rate Member

posted 01-29-2004 08:45 AM      Profile for Donita     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally I think the name (fantasydreamer) says it all.

Boy is my signature outdated!! LOL Brad is 16, Caleb will be 14 in May, Daniel will be 10 in March and Heather, Megan and Tyler are 8.

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited by: Donita ]

--------------------

Donita SAHM to Brad 8/29/87, Caleb 5/31/90, Daniel 3/29/94, Heather Megan and Tyler 6/21/95

Donita
Member # 469

Rate Member

posted 01-29-2004 08:54 AM      Profile for Donita     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There I fixed it..

--------------------

Donita SAHM to Brad 8/29/87, Caleb 5/31/90, Daniel 3/29/94, Heather Megan and Tyler 6/21/95

Matt
Member # 2566

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2004 08:47 PM      Profile for Matt   Email Matt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why u all can't just get off her back? Theres no need to be all snotty about it if you dont have something positive to say then keep your mouse away form the "reply" button and keep your response to yourself
Posts: 38 | From: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
oldaccount
Member # 2547

posted 01-29-2004 09:49 PM      Profile for oldaccount     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, faking on a message board never results in good things. I've seen many people hurt by becoming friends with fakers only to find out the truth.

Not to mention coming across all the fakers who steal photos of real multiples and post them up claiming that it's either them or their children. And trust me, the real families are NEVER happy about it.

Some families have taken down their websites for their children because they had their photos stolen so many times.

And if you think I'M bad, check out the faker busters at:

http://boogieon.com/*****assthieves/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bustinternetfakes/
http://aolmodelsinc.militiasdome2k.com/index2.htm (my favourite...this page is hilarious...but they've just reorg so a lot is 404 right now)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fakerssuck/
http://www.hoodbrat.com/fucca/
http://chatfakes.co.uk/
http://www.fakersbusted.com/ (their forum http://www.fakersbusted.com/forum/ is really good to bust fakers with)
http://www.fakerpatrol.net/

I'm quite mild compared to some of the people on these sites, and for that, you should be glad

[ 04-14-2012: Message edited by: oldaccount ]

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Twinsworld

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3